There is no general definition of a good relationship. You and your partner have to decide what a good relationship is for both of you.
Some important aspects of a good relationship could be:
- Equality: both partners are equal. One partner does not dominate the other;
- Respect and acceptance: you and your partner are 2 different people. You will always be different and you accept this;
- Trust: you trust each other and confide in each other;
- Communication: you express your feelings and wishes;
- Time: you spend time with each other;
- Interests: you share the same interests.
For some people, it is important you love each other in a relationship. For other people, a good relationship is based on friendship.
A good relationship is about how you both feel. You and your partner decide if the relationship feels good.